3.9.08

Day One

Yesterday was day one of something different -- I hope something for the better.

Anyways, it was an interesting orientation day at least compared to the engineering orientation. MBA is all about professionalism and bettering yourself for the world (in a self-esteem, sell yourself, make yourself look good kind of way). From the first hour to the end of the day, it's all about where you see yourself and where do you see yourself going, mostly in the career side of life and not much else.

One thing that I haven't done in awhile was meeting a vast amount of people within a day. It's an exhausting task meeting 266 new faces, albeit I don't remember I would say 96% of the names now. It's definitely not within my comfort zone but I do welcome the new challenge. At least, I know I will be able to handle the academic side of the MBA but I don't know if I can handle the social side of the MBA yet.

But the day was good nonetheless -- had some interesting speakers who all pretty have the same message. Don't let fear run your life, be yourself, and better yourself.
- a CEO of a Canadian entertainment business
- a culture consultant
- the former deputy finance director for the Schwarzenegger campaign

Maybe I'll make weekly updates on my MBA studies.

1 comment:

Wong See Fu said...

maybe you will so it won't say you haven't updated for 4 months on my blogroll...EH :)